Saturday, January 2, 2010

100 Days of Practice Round 2 Day 80: Break Taking

Kenny Rogers would say, "You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em."

Buddha might say, "Inaction is the most important part of action."

And about 14 years ago while working as a writer for the New England Aquarium, I wrote a piece for Boston museum PR writers. On writer's block, I wrote, "When in doubt, go to the restroom." Truth: I've found some of my best writing solutions halfway between my desk and the office toilet.

There's nothing better than a well-timed break. Knowing when to take it is key.

Just remember to keep your eyes open on the way to the potty.

2 comments:

Peig said...

day 80 round two

I hope you and Soul Papa are enjoying your much earned rest. Spring will be here before you know it and with it March performances.

I am hot on my new set. Got first part down rough and today will tackle the second part. I was able to get a solid hour in yesterday and plan another today. I love snowed in weekends!!!!

Susan said...

I remember that valuable piece of writing advice - and much more. Your suggestions and recommendations still ring true oh so many years after our days at the good 'ole New England Aquarium.

Miss you, and glad you have started this blog so I can keep up with all you're thinking.

-Sue K.