Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 246, Part II: Savoring the Fancy of a Child's Laugh

File this under: "Aw... ain't that cute..."

What a gift we can bring to the world when we're willing to share our music with anyone and everyone. Here's Steve reading to a bunch of bright shiny faces at a preschool today, during a noontime Irish music concert.



Glad we could quiet them down for this reading because right before Steve opened up Jamie O'Rourke and the Giant Pooka, ten little pookies were breakdancing to the Kesh Jig. Little people, the Dropkick Murphys' mosh pit's got nothin' on you!



Imagine if we could all bring such freedom to our enjoyment of music? Imagine if we would just let ourselves dance when we wanted to? Imagine if we didn't care if we knew the "right steps" and just let loose?

Invite me to that world, if it ever materializes. I want IN.

2 comments:

Peig said...

Day 248

So today I spent 2 hours this am playing through my tunes.

A couple of things happened this week:

I went to a session and played a set I JUST learned. I was able to hang in for the first tune and got most of the second tune. Then this morning I began a jig from a recording. Both first time experiences for me.

If I had not taken Soul Momma’s challenge and my lessons with her, this would have never have happened for me.

This blog is the best thing since white sliced bread!!!!!!

Please keep it up. I wake up to this every morning and it is the best part of my day.

Now I love playing, listening AND practicing!!!!

Looking forward to more and more and more............

Susan Gedutis Lindsay said...

Wow Peig! That is so great. Thank you so much, I am so happy for you! Lokoing forward to seeing you soon.