Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy F*cking New Year.

Happy New Year from America's Hometown, where everyone's either dying or having babies. I put myself, with very heavy heart, in the former category. (No, not immediately. I mean that in the "time marches on" variety.) Christmas week has brought two more exciting bits of news! Neighbor's sister passed away suddenly on Christmas Day! Friend's kitty goes to the Big Milk Bowl in the Sky today!

Anyone familiar with the phrase: "ENOUGH ALREADY"?

Or how about, "OK, GOD. WE GET IT"?

This sucks. But wait! Time has brought us solutions. Let me try one.

Assume lotus position, breathe, find your center, where a shining sun glows in love. Chant:

"What is meant to be is meant to be."


     [...]

Nope, not working. Let's try this:


Assume lotus position, breathe, find your center, where a shining sun glows in love. Chant:

"It's the circle of life."

     [...]

Nope, not working. Let's try this:

Assume lotus position, breathe, find your center, where a shining sun glows in love. Chant:

"Everything happens for a reason. It's all part of God's plan."


     [...]






Nope, not working, either. I have one more, this time assuming the kneeling-by-the-bed-with-hands-folded-and-pointing-upward position:



God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen


(Reinhold Niebuhr said that.)


     [...]

Working for you? Nah, me either.

God's battery must be running low. Hold on a bit. I'll plug in this charger and get back to you. In a month. 

2 comments:

B said...

How about...today is a new day.
Maybe?

How about..
It's not how many times you get knocked down, but how fast you get back up.
Maybe?

Or, simply, whatever comes and goes, it has before and will after and for those around us - we know we are loved and better for them...

Thinking of you all, sending good thoughts and much love. May each day be appreciated for the moments it holds and the journey always over-ride the destination. In the words of the good doctor, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Maybe?
xo

Susan Gedutis Lindsay said...

Maybe. A firm maybe.
Thanks!